New Economies reading group
The wikipage input value is empty (e.g.
SomeProperty::, []) and therefore it cannot be used as a name or as part of a query condition.
Together we explored the following themes and asked the following questions:
- green capitalism and eco-modernism: how do market fundamentalists deal with ecological crises? what assumptions do they have?
- green new deal and just transition: what timeframes do we need to consider? what methodologies we need to deploy?
- commons and commoning: how come this old concept is considered relevant for our times? what does that funny verb mean?
- cooperative and solidarity economy: what are the limitations of existing coop models? how could they be overcome?
- degrowth: what are the problems with growth? how to conceive the economy without that concept?
- Regenerative Economy: what is the economy supposed to work for? what creates value, what destroys it?
- ecological debt and reparations: what resources count as wealth? who actually owes who in Global North/South relations?
- postcapitalism: what's at the horizon of eco-social transformation? what futures can we anticipate or imagine?
There is certainly no logical order to learn these concepts, so feel free to start wherever and please come back for more!
Feel free to contribute to Beyond Social.